Re-Creating Retirement 24 Hour Retreat
Congratulations, you are near or just beginning retirement. This shift from everyone else owning your time to you owning it is huge.
Do you have a vision beyond relaxing for the first few weeks?
Are you ready?
You’ve been conditioned to be busy 24/7 for the last 30 plus years. You’ve been available as an employee, parent, partner, volunteer etc. Never a dull moment but in retirement you’re about to step off that treadmill and enter the next phase of life. No more excuses. You’ve been given the gift of time to now create the healthy and happy life that you’ve always said would happen “someday”. Are you ready to re-create your own version of retirement?
Do you have a plan? Studies show that those who have a plan and sense of purpose will have a happier retirement.
Where do you start?
Exploring and understanding what retirement means to you personally is the first step. Typically, retirement conjures up images of a prolonged vacation with days of “taking it easy”. But with 25-35 years ahead, we simple want and need more from life. What gifts do you want to share with the world? How do you want to contribute in a meaningful way? What legacy do you want to leave behind?
As well, developing healthy lifestyle habits is so important to making sure you have the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellness to support a fulfilling, happy, and meaningful second half of life.
What if you could dedicate yourself to a 24 hour retreat with a small group of like-minded women to set yourself up for the best you for the next chapter of your life?
Introducing Re-Creating Retirement: The Best You for Part Two
This one of a kind, interactive retreat is designed to tap into the power of a community of wisdom and experience and take you through a journey that will set you on a path of happiness, purpose and health for the next stage of life.
What you get in this special retreat
- A sense of community with other women and knowing you’re not alone in the retirement transition.
- Clarity of what’s most important to you.
- An inspiring vision for your next phase of life.
- Ideas for supporting a healthy lifestyle.
- Opportunities to play and explore a new self-identity (apart from work)
The Re-Creation Journey
Tuesday September 19th
- 1:30 PM Arrival
- 1:45 Welcome and Orientation
- You will be shown to your room and acquainted with the “playhouse” and all the amenities to make your stay an amazing experience.
- 2 PM Session #1 – Set Your Intentions
- This session will guide you to set your personal intentions. In order to move forward, you need to know the direction you’d like to go.
- 3 PM Guided Journaling
- As a follow-up to setting your personal intentions, you will be offered powerful questions for self-reflection through journaling.
- 3:30 PM Solo Play Time
- These two hours give you the time and space to create your own play. In retirement, free time is more available and being able to create your own fun is important. Here’s your chance.
- 5:30 PM Dinner and Session #2 – Make your own Healthy Choices
- We will come together in the kitchen to collectively create a healthy meal as you are guided through an active discussion on what makes up healthy eating choices and why we need to make significant changes as we age. You will go home with tips, tricks and healthy recipes that will get you on a healthy path.
- 7 PM Session #3 – Re-Creating Retirement
- The word “retirement” carries many pre-conceived notions. In this session, we’ll explore new perspectives for re-creating a life of meaning after a career.
- 8:30 PM Community Play time – games, campfire, moonlight walk
Wednesday September 20th
- 7:30 AM Session #4 – Get Moving activity
- We will meet at 7:30am to discuss and participate in an active morning routine that will cover the 3 key components of living active as we age and why each one is important.
- 9 AM Breakfast
- Our healthy eating discussion will continue with a focus on whole food nutrition.
- 10 AM Session #5 – Hike for Health (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual)
- Walking is a key component of healthy retirement. However, it is so much more than just moving your body. Being mindful of the four pillars of health will be incorporated into this hike to reinforce the message of healthy lifestyle.
- 12:30 PM Lunch
- Open discussion with Q and A on healthy eating.
- 1:30 PM Session #6 – Re-Create Your Path to Peace, Joy and Purpose in Retirement
- In this session, you’ll create a map that will help guide you with your intentions to re-create the life you want in your retirement.
- 2:30 PM Pack-up and Departure
What’s Included (beyond the programming)
- Shared accommodations (2 per room)
- Bedding and towels (bring your own favourite pillow if a good sleep depends on it)
- Three nutritious meals (supper, breakfast, and lunch)
- Healthy snacks
- Access to quiet spaces
- Access to kayaks and stand-up paddle board
- Access to mountain bikes
- Access to various trails
What to bring (over and above your typical gear for a week-end get-away)
- Outdoor/active clothing including trail shoes and rain gear
- A journal or notebook
- “Toys” for your free time (camera, sketch book, instrument, book, bike and helmet, music, etc.)
- Open mind and open heart
- A willingness to have limited access to your cell phone
- Your Best You!
Your facilitators will guide you through a journey focussed on living authentically, active and healthy so you can enjoy your retirement years with purpose and the wellness to enjoy it.
Patti Phillips: Patti Phillips is a certified life coach, inventure retreat guide, Grief Recover Specialist, and authentic self-awareness facilitator. At 45, her mid-life crisis transition freed her to leave a twenty-plus year career and direct all her life lessons and wisdom into building her own business. Today, she guides other women who feel stuck in the middle and aren’t not sure how to move forward. Through powerful coaching conversations, women are able to discover and honour their own wisdom to live with more peace, joy and purpose.
Carol Ploen-Hosegood: Carol is a certified health coach and founder of Happy Monkey Club. Carol’s mission is to inspire healthy living so everyone can live life to the fullest from womb to tomb. She leads by example with the goal “to die young, as old as possible.”
Intro Special $249 (save $50)
Space is limited to the first 8 women who register. We require a minimum of 6 registrants to go ahead with this event.
Registration deadline is Tuesday, September 12.
You will be responsible for transportation to and from Pinawa. Car pooling will be coordinated.
Stay close to journey far.
Located just an hour from the perimeter of Winnipeg and on the doorstep of the Whiteshell Provincial Park lies the beautiful community of Pinawa.
The retreat property sits on a large yard of mixed forest, with water views and easy lake access. The home has four guestrooms on the second floor that are seasonally decorated. Each room has two beds for shared accommodations.
The great room has a wall of windows that overlooks the forest and lake beyond. Great for watching birds and the abundant deer. This is where we gather for group sessions and quiet reflection.
There are lots of opportunities to escape to the great outdoors, either to the large screen room (as perfect as it is here, we haven’t eliminated mosquitos and other bugs), the large water facing deck, the forest hammocks, and the sun-drenched front porch.
Take a few more steps away from the house and wander through our “Wonder Woods” (look for the wonder boxes hanging from the trees). Soon you’ll reach the Trans Canada Trail for a walk, run or bike ride along the river’s edge. Launch a kayak, canoe, or stand-up paddle board from our “backyard” dock and in minutes you’re completely immersed in water heaven. Take your yoga mat and do a sun salutation on Canadian Shield rock.
The resident dogs, Chobe and Clover, bring nature indoors, sometimes right onto your lap. The cat, Sedona, will do her best to keep herself invisible while on your visit, but don’t be alarmed if you see a tailless cat out of the corner of your eye…you aren’t seeing things.
With all the amenities of a community that gives you a feeling of comfort, security, and safety, it’s hard to believe a fulfilling natural and spiritual experience is possible so close to the city. But that’s the gift of Pinawa…it truly has the best of both worlds.
Stay close to journey far.